Sunday, May 15, 2016

Week 2 complete-food prep!

Hello Everyone! 
So week 2 of my 12 week challenge is complete, and I am so happy, because boot camp starts again tomorrow. I only had class once last week, and I was able to fit in a 30 Minute HIIT (high intensiity training) workout over my lunch Thursday, then a 1.5 mile jog with Anna later that night (picture below :) ). I did a 3 mile run Saturday because it was our only nice day the whole week, and I kept a 10 minute mile pace!! That is a big deal for me. I have lower back problems, and running has usually made it worse, but I felt great after some stretching before and after :)


My HIIT work out I wrote myself, combining my favorite workouts from boot camp, and what I have done from bodyrocktv.com in the past. If you don't have knowledge of HIIT workouts, and would like to try them out, and don't have a gym/boot camp to sign up for (I highly recommend this, because you meet new people, and have accountability showing up for classes), I would suggest looking up Body Rock workouts on youtube.com. They have different challenges, that last anywhere from 12 minutes, to 1 hour long. Great for people who want to start, or for people who want to try something new. This can be hard to keep up with at home, but if home workouts are your only option, I would check them out, its FREE! I wrote my own because if you are able to do the workouts you are good at/like, you can usually push yourself harder and get more cardio built into your workout. I am not an expert, just sharing my own experience. This week I was sad I had to cut it to 30 minutes, I could have went a whole hour. I started incorporating more of my performance workout line this week too, and it really gives me more endurance, so happy I found something with all natural ingredients and is helping me really push myself to the next level!

So I only got three workouts in this week, but that is OK! I did a daily cleanse on Tuesday, which re-set my body, I felt so excellent afterwards! My favorite meal this week was crock pot teriyaki chicken wings with some sriracha sauce. I'll be honest, I stole this from my friends fiance, he made them before, and they were so good, I had to make them. I put them in my crock pot all day (starting at 10 am), came home, put them on the grill to crisp them up, them put them back in the crock pot until dinner. I just used teriyaki marinade, with sriracha sauce ( I didn't use a TON because Anna needed to eat them too!). They were amazing! Paired with  steamed broccoli and carrots, and sweet potato tots. Dinner on Wednesday was delicious!

Speaking of food, I also did some freezer meal food prep on Saturday. I used the following link, making 12 meals total.

http://www.graciouslysaved.com/2013/08/12-easy-paleo-ish-crock-pot-meals.html?m=1

I use sweet potatoes when needed, and because a lot of the chicken is 'Mexican flavored', I can eat them with whole wheat tortillas if I feel like it. I will also add homemade guacamole whenever I can. Guacamole has a lot of good fats that our bodies need, and its delicious. 
I also got bountiful baskets from my local food coop this week. Ff you haven't already tried this, you need to! The website is www.bountifulbaskets.org. Please see if you can pick up in your area, its only $19.50 (total) for 1 basket of fruits and veggies, and they sometimes have some seriously good 'add-ons'. This time I got 40 lbs. of bananas. What do you do with 40 lbs. of bananas you ask? I cut them up, freeze them, and stick them in my shakes!! Or make paleo banana bread! Or make banana bread to give away! I highly recommend bountiful basket, as it makes you try new veggies you may not have before, and you can't make an excuse not to buy it at the store. You never know what is going to be in the basket, but whatever you don't want, you can give to someone else  (my mother in law gets all of our not wants and she loves it). 
Here is my freezer meals stacked up, and my overflowing veggie crisp drawer :). 













Today was filled with gratitude and relaxation (and cutting up bananas). I say gratitude because to start the week, I got news that a friend, and team-mate for my business house burnt down early Monday morning. She lives far away, and we have only met in 'person' once, but my heart ached for her all week. My grandpa's house burned down when I was about 15, and I will never forget the pain he felt losing EVERYTHING. My friend and her family are OK, which is what I am most thankful for, but the best part is how people have really embraced her and her family, to make sure they loved, appreciated and taken care of. I know that they will be OK, it will be a long hard road, but they are here with us today! 

That is it for this week. If anyone has any questions about HIIT workouts, or maybe more freezer meal recipes feel free to ask! I love sharing what I know. I don't know a lot, but whatever I can share to better someone else's life, I would love to help.

Thanks for reading everyone!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment