Monday, May 9, 2016

Week 1 down!

Oh man! This week was hard to get through! I think I should have waited to start my challenge, but it turns out that I actually did well considering how busy I was all week.
I helped out some of my other day car mom's this last week with a fundraiser for our day care provider (AKA the best lady EVER!!!) and her husband with a fundraiser due to a horrible accident Dan had over super bowl Sunday this year. I also had some volunteering over my lunches, and needed food to make for two brandings over the weekend. I made it to both workouts last week, and the one this morning, so at least I got that exercise I needed in my day. Over the week I was so busy, I took half hour lunches, barely made it home for dinner two nights, and probably would have went without eating with how busy work was. If it wasn't for my meal replacement shakes and meal bars I would have either a.) spend over $25 eating out, and it wouldn't have been healthy for me or b.)not eaten at all... which would have also been bad, or even worse. Instead I was able to eat on the run, get full, and stay energized. I couldn't believe how much energy I pulled out of myself this last week. I have never been more thankful for having my shakes and bars.. EVER!!
I did manage to make a few meals this week! We try to eat as 'paleo' as we can in our house, but I do usually make pasta or potatoes for my little one, she needs the carbs :). This week my favorite meal was probably my easiest meal. I had a ton of good foods and veggies from my bountiful basket (shameless plug) which included purple potatoes, red and orange bell peppers, summer squash, and carrots. I just tossed all of that in a bow with extra virgin olive oil, and some ' Jamaican Jerk' seasoning I had laying around. I then cut up chicken breasts into cubes, also rubbed some spices on it (Jamaican Jerk, thyme, rosemary, and garlic) and cooked it all on a cookie sheet for about 25 minutes. The chicken was cooked, tasted great, and all of our food was in a big healthy pile. Can't get better than that!!! It was also the most colorful plate of good I have ever made, I wish I had snapped a picture, ugh next time!


My favorite part of my workout this week was today was measuring day!! I have to have a whole week off of workouts, which makes me sad, but I love measuring day. Especially today, because my results were unreal. I posted a picture below, there are a total of 6 measurements, totaling from when I started boot camp classes at core fitness. The 2nd page with the most recent measurement I really focused on my diet, intermittent cleansing, and using my companies food a lot more. As you can see, what a HUGE difference!! I am really focusing on getting my body fat % down, which has been going great, hopefully I can keep up my momentum.

 I feel so great to know that this hard work is paying off, and that a busy, full time mom can actually do this. I used to have so many excuses as to why I wouldn't commit, and just workout, or just say no to eating cake, now that I feel this great, I can't believe I waited this long. Of course I did over indulge this Saturday at our friends branding, but that was just 1 day! And we also need to be able to enjoy ourselves and have a great time, which we did :). I am glad that I have chosen something that is a lifestyle, and not a life sentence. Dieting hasn't ever worked for me in the past, but this new lifestyle is working great. I challenge you to do something different this week. Maybe switch up your pop for flavored carbonated water? Arrowhead carbonated water is awesome. Try sweet potato fries instead of regular fries, did you know they make frozen sweet potato fries in a bag??? Try going for a walk two times this week, either over lunch, or after work, or even do I dare say it.. in the morning?? I will say this, no matter how much I hate waking up early, I love getting my workout out of the way first thing. 
Ok well those are my highlights, and some low lights of my first week of my body makeover challenge. If I had to suggest one thing its try something new. I am going to find a new recipie to try out this week, hopefully its not an epic fail. Until next week!!

Started 6/12/2015, most recent measurement is 5/9/2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment