Tuesday, May 3, 2016

12 week 'body makeover' Challenge!!

Today I have started to embark on a new, short term journey. A weight loss challenge that will be 12 weeks long, and hopefully help me get over a plateau I have been on for the last several weeks. About a year ago I was invited to a fitness group ‘bonus day’ where anyone was welcome. I was invited by my co-worker who said it started at 6:15, and only cost $5. I was totally in, until I realized that it was 6:15 AM, not PM. I hadn’t woken up that early to work out…. Well, ever. I had already said I would go so I set my alarm, dreaded what was about to come in less than 12 hours, and headed to bed early.
I woke up that day thinking to myself that I wasn’t sure if I could do this. I haven’t worked out more than 20 minutes in over 3 years, and I was still trying to lose my baby weight. I was still in a very ‘dark place’ due to my weight gain, and didn’t know if I had the confidence to go into a room of athletes, and try to compete. I say compete because I am a very competitive person, with everyone, especially myself. If I could not win, then I didn’t want to play. Kind of how I have always been, which has been my downfall in a lot of things I hate attempted to accomplish, but quite or failed. Anyway, I went to Core Fitness, got my ass kicked by “mean Mary”, and was addicted, I knew I had to go! All the time! Her only open class time was 5:30 a.m., which seemed insane, but I signed up, and I went. I started off slow going twice a week, then three times, and have been doing ever since. That started my new found self confidence that I could do more than I thought, if I would just try.
Flash forward to today! I signed up for a weight loss challenge through my nutrition company, and boy am I excited. I haven’t had the drive to start something like this, but the last few weeks I have really started to focus on what is going to be best for me, and in return my family. I can’t be sitting on the couch all day when my daughter wants to ride her bike outside. I can’t be too tired to help out around the house because I don’t have the energy. Things have to change. So I am starting with this post today because it is day one. I will try to post once a week. I will probably just talk about my workouts, food I ate, my scheduled meals, if I indulged, and my family, if anyone is interested. I haven’t been writing for a while now, and thought this would be a good time to start. After all, what if my experience motivates someone else to get healthy? Lose weight? Start running again? Or just put a smile on their face? I also think that writing about my challenge will keep me accountable, and motivated. I would love to share my before photos I took today, but I think I will wait to post those until my final week, keep the suspense going☺.
What is next to come ahead is going to be hard, but the result is going to be amazing! Thanks for reading everyone!!




No comments:

Post a Comment